Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Growth hormone results

Well.... Here we go. Daily injections.

Cheyanne's body produces 1 out of the normal 10-12 hormones on her own. In the stimulus test, she produced 5.something of hormone levels. So she qualifies for hormone therapy. Yea? Without this therapy, they do not think she will reach 5' tall. With it, she should grow to be 5' to 5'2". I guess my mom will get her dream of having another family member stay shorter than her! ;•D
So we are taking another growth plate X-ray, waiting for the doctor to fill out all the paperwork that united health care requires and we wait. Then when it all gets approved I get to meet with the nurse and learn how to use the shot machine to give Chey her daily shot of hormones. The positive is that she will only need injections until her growth plates close. .... Only 2 to 2 1/2 years. Oh saweeeeeet. Well this should help me get over my fears of needles and hurting my children!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment