Monday, August 16, 2010

On to recovery

We are out of the hospital again. Another test & experience under our belts. Cheyane reports that room service still "rocks" but hospitals are boring. Can't say as I disagree!
The first medicine put her almost right to sleep. Not unusual.




However it did make her blood pressure drop. We got white lips and a bp of 52/30 ( if i remember right. Lots of numbers today.) at the lowest point. She only got 2 blood draws on that before they started flushing her system. I did a whole lot of this:




The second med she did much better on. She wasn't as sleepy and her blood pressure didn't drop as low. So she watched the Last Mimzy ( best line in the movie "Golf is not a sport. It's an obsession." sooooo true!) and I did ....




Yes. Yes I was THAT bored. Chey dozed in in out. But I was monitoring vitals & blood draws so sleeping didn't happen.
The BEST news is that her blood sugar never dropped. Relief. Now we just have to monitor her fluids and make sure she has more than normal.



Her lunch meal. What more could a- soon to be- growing girl need? French fries & ranch dressingb( I wasn't fast enough for them to be included in the picture), strawberries & cantaloupe, root beer, Cheetos and an Oreo cookie shake. The lunch of champions!!
And she definitely is that today. A super champ! ( autographs available upon request..)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Hi its Auntie Ali...I know hospitals can be ruf but hang in there..it sounds like you guys are making progress. Love Ali,Alyssa & Kevin Murray

    ReplyDelete