Sunday, July 11, 2010

Ok people. Stop praying! We have now had 8 seizures in 12 hours. 7 in the past 2 hours. Though they are at least 2 times the length of her " normal" medicated seizures, they are also 3 times harder. The last 7 seizures have encompassed her entire body. 6 of those have caused her lips and surrounding area to turn blue. 2 of those the lips went to white.
She is now endanger of going into a seizure induced coma.
Seizures 5&6 came within minutes of each other and were different types. More simply - they affected her body differently. 5 was whole body where 6 was left side only.
Shortly after 6 the nurse gave her the most popular drug to lessen/ stop a seizure. 10 min later, seizure 7 happened. 15 min after that. Seizure 8. She is on a constant flow of oxyagen. And the nurse is starting a drip of depakote.
What we've learned so far.
- when lots of people pray together, you can get overloaded with answers.
- cheyanne needs medicine for more than just a good introduction line ... " hi! I'm cheyanne and I could open my own pharmacy out of my house! What your name?"
- nurses are in tune with the spirit .... Or really good at guessing. Our am nurse told me to go sleep at noon yesterday because I "would need it". I woke up at 2 pm and haven't slept since. Got about 5 hours of sleep Friday...
- I have to find humor in really lame ways or I would be sitting and blowing bubbles all over myself.

Ok. Make that 9 seizures. Niiiicccceeee. Oh well. More paperwork for the doctors... And proof that I am not lying! .... And hopefully so others wont have to take this intense of a journey if they come this road.

Make that 10.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment