Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Starting our Stay

Hi friends!
Today has been busy. My mom finally called the hospital to see if we needed to come today about 1030 am and they said yes. So we finished putting things in the car and drove to grandmas to drop Tristin, Ana and the puppies off. (thanks grandma & grandpa H. But I wish I could be there!)
Mom finished my new blanket last night.








Isn't it cool?! I love it!
We got to the hospital about 1 pm and got brought up to my room. It's 2028.


They came in and started putting the "leads" on my head.


They put a cleaner on my scalp, then put some of that white goop on the spot and stuck a lead into the goop. Then they covered the goop n lead with a gauze square and then used super glue to coat the area around the lead.


Then they used this high powered air to speed dry the super glue. They put 23 leads on my head and face and 2 on my chest. It smelled really bad. Like sticking my nose in a bottle of finger nail polish remover. And breathing it for 2 hours.


Then I have 3 other monitors hooked up to my chest too.
Anyway, then they wrapped it all up.


And they all think they are funny when they say "your hat is awesome!" or " I really like your hat!" or " your hat is the prettiest i have ever seen. Mom thought she was the funniest when she decorated it.





I don't think it's funny at all. And it really makes my head hurt. It took almost 2 hours to get al this done.
The food here is super good. I have my own menu and I get to eat it in my bed!


I've gotten French fries, chicken nuggets, popcorn, root beer,fruit and a strawberry passion smoothies. I can order steak and shrimp - not that I'd want to..
If I get a neighbor I will have to share a bathroom but other than that it's ok here.
This is the view from my room.


And then this is my moms chair/ bed.


It will fold out some how..
I've started playing with the fun basket my church group brought me!


Sister Sutter & Sister Hansen are so fun & the girls are great! Thanks again everyone!
I've been watching movies and I am very tired of being interrupted by all these dr.'s and nurses. They are all nice. But they ask the same questions and do the same tests. Boring!
Well I am sleepy so I am going to try to fall asleep watching Harriet the spy. And my head really hurts.
Til tomorrow!!.......

- Posted using BlogPress from my mom's iPhone.

1 comment:

  1. This is Erin, a second cousin of your mom. So what does that make us...third cousins? Hmm, I'm not sure. Well, I hope these tests help in figuring some things out for you. I'll add you to my prayers. My daughter is in the seizure diagnosis process right now. Hopefully I'll talk to your mom soon. Hang in there. Enjoy the food and try shrimp...it's pretty tasty!

    ReplyDelete